There is absolutely nothing like lighting a candle, whether it be for the first time or the fifth time. Before you put flame to a wick, there are some important things you need to know.
- Burn candle on a fire-resistant, level surface.
- The first wick trim is on us :) When you get your HILL AND RIVER COLLECTION candle, feel free to spark it up in an area that is not around flammable objects and free of clutter. A clutter free area is important every time you light a candle.
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Before each burn, trim your wick and remove any burnt bits of wood that may appear. Do this before each burn and after the wax has completely cooled. This will help reduce soot falling into your candle.
- Do not burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Never spray anything flammable around your candle
- Discontinue use of the candle when 1/2 inch of wax remains in the container.
- Always remember, if a candle flame is too high, blow out your candle, let it completely cool, avoid any wind drafts and and trim the wick again.
- For wax melts, keep wax melt warmer free of debris. Store at room temperature to prevent wax from melting before and after use. Suggested room temperature 75 degrees and lower.